Saturday, July 24, 2004

Finally! I've mastered the Art of the Armpit!!

hahahahaha!!  Today we had a matted Shih-mix in, and he needed a 7F clipdown.  I do those,  some times better than other times, and today was a not-too-bad time.  Valerie did say I'm getting better, but I had to ask her before she'd say it.  So I'm not good yet.  BUT - I did get the armpit move down!  I was so ecstatic I almost spiked my clippers and did an endzone dance a la Ickey Woods.  It's a simple delicate scooping motion with the clippers, but has taken me months to get it down.  Maybe today I just lifted the legs to the correct angle or something, but I actually got the inside of the legs and the armpits!!  I'm just beside myself with glee.  Now I need to figure out how to do it without having to squat down and peer up from underneath the dog.  And if I can do it without falling on my ass, so much the better.  Don't ask. 

Today we had the Shih, and another tiny female Shih that we've had in before - a puppy mill dog.  Valerie says she's a reject puppy that shouldn't have lived.  She has breathing issues - openmouthed gasps when stressed.  Valerie found a mammary tumor on her today - the pup's 6 months old and they have let her go into heat.  Congratulations - here's a tumor for you.  Bad breeding and bad blood will out, just like Aunt Marge told Harry.  Don't ask.

We had a late-booking Pom today, too.  Valerie made that dog SO CUTE.  Especially considering the handicap of the owner's kid barking and running all over the store.  Yes, the kid was barking.  Don't ask.

Sunday had only one Yorkie booked, and no drama required because it was supposed to be in good condition.  So I cancelled my motel room and came home.  It is going to be paradise on earth not to have to set the alarm when I go to bed in a few minutes.  I've spent the evening online chatting with friends, and at one point a movie had been planned.  That ended up not happening, though.  Don't ask.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?