Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Officially Reservated and Plans for the Future

Valerie and I are planning on attending the Huntington Kennel Club dog show in Huntington on July the 4th. Possibly on the 3rd, too, if the grooming day finishes early enough. I'm sure the weather will be miserable - hot and probably sticky too. But we'll be having a blast, so won't worry about that one little bit, will we? The show site says the judging will be inside, and that's all that really matters. Spectators, exhibitors, and dogs will all be out of the sun.

Valerie suggested that I make my hotel reservations early. I did so, and then applauded her good sense when I saw that they've listed 'my' hotel on the show info flyer. Last week 'my' hotel was booked, so I had to stay at the one next to it, and it sucked. I filled out the comment form on their website, and told them that I would not ever go to any of their inns again if there was an alternative, even if the alternative was priced higher. Here's how well they read my comments. They closed with "We look forward to your next visit with us." That makes me feel so valued, and that my comments were heard. HAH.

Anyhow, so as to avoid having to stay with the Sucks Balls Inn again, I went ahead and reserved my room at the Teays Valley Days Inn for every weekend from now through dog show weekend. [Update: I had to cancel the reservation for the weekend of June 25-26. I'm going to be in New Jersey, hopefully with Jim! My cousin Jennifer is a ballet dancer and teacher, and is having a rare solo performance at a recital on the 26th. I thought it would be great to see her dance, as well as to introduce Jim to my family. But in my reservating frenzy, I forgot that. I'm so intelligent sometimes!]

Valerie says my LIPSystem has arrived at her shop, but that she's going to let me install it on my table on Friday. She's been screwing together shelving units all over the shop, so I can't blame her for not wanting to do any more screwing than she has to. I told her that I'm looking forward to screwing on Friday when I arrive. LMAO!!

My next major purchase is going to be a Bathing Beauty. I'm so in love with Valerie's, especially after having to revert to the old fashioned pitcher and tap and scrubbing shampoo method over at Lori's house last week. I'll be able to use it on my dogs, and maybe they'll get the baths they so richly deserve. I'll also be able to use it when helping friends with their dogs, and perhaps even if I get a job as a bather somewhere to give me a bit of an income.

I also need to get a set of Laube snap-on combs, and a 30-blade to use with them. Valerie's Laube combs are all different colors, so it's easy to tell at a glance which one to grab. I'm also going to need blades for my Laube clippers that, with any luck, should arrive at the shop sometime before the first hard freeze. Valerie says it's best for each set of clippers to have its own blades, especially if the clippers are from different manufacturers.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?